Ingredients Makes 2 medium-sized cakes
Skim milk powder - 1/2 cup (I use Sanalac brand)
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1 tsp
White sugar - 1 cup
Mango pulp - 1.5 cup + few tbsps for garnishing, as per taste
Hot water - 1/4 cup
Fat-free Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Canola oil - 1/2 cup
Crushed pista or cashewnuts - 1/2 cup + few tbsps for garnishing, as per taste
- Sift together the wheat flour, milk powder, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add crushed Pista or cashewnuts.
- Blend together mango pulp, water, sugar, yogurt, and canola oil. Pour this into flour mixture and fold slowly to get a uniform mixture. Do not mix much as it will affect the softness of the cake.
- Grease the baking pan with cooking spray or ghee or butter. Pour the above mixture into this greased pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahreinheit for about 45 mins. Poke a knife into the cake and pull it out. If the cake is done, the knife will come out clean.
Use some mango pulp and pista\cashewnut as garnishing. Even whipping cream will do as garnish! We loved it as-is :)