Monday, September 14, 2009

My greenery...

New house meant lot of new decor items. Being a horticulturist's daughter, plants have always fancied me. To add on the closed spaces out here, particularly when the chills sets in, needs plant to provide the greenery and freshness. Am trying to fill up my house with living plants how much ever I can maintain rather than the artificial greenery available in most home decor stores.

Following are some of the plants that are part of my growing collection - my treasure troves! I cherish them and hope that they grow to being bright individuals..one would think I am talking about children! ;) Nazar na lagana (Hindi saying..English translation - Don't put an evil eye on it plzzzz) :)

The Tulsi aka Holy Basil


Indoor Plants including Money Plant :)



Demure and Beautiful Orchids





More pictures from my tiny little herb-garden to follow soon! Watch out. Ciao!

5 comments:

Lakshmi said...

Lovely Orchid plants.

Pragyan said...

Thanks, LG! :)

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow...orchids at home......awesome...

Cynthia said...

I love how plants lighten and brighten a home.

Recipeswap said...

Pretty plants.