Saturday, August 25, 2012

Easy fix Puliogare aka Tamarind Rice

I should credit my dear friend Siri for introducing me to this quick and delicious dish. She had made it for my first road-trip here with her and a few other friends - that taste still lingers on. Thanks, Siri, for the camaraderie! :)


This is an easy-fix wholesome dish for lunch or work-tiffin box. Whenever I have leftover rice, this is another dish I like to whip up for work lunch-box. These days, I try to limit my rice intake for lunch hours and this dish works out perfectly.

I use the branded store-bought Tamarind Rice mix. I like the MTR brand because of their quality and authentic taste.


Heat 1/2 tsp of Canola oil.
As it warms up, add a few cumin seeds and chopped fresh 1-2 green chillies.
Add 2-3 tbsp of the Tamarind Rice paste\powder.
I usually add a half-cup of chopped Peanuts separately as well even though the spice mix usually includes a fair share of ground Peanuts.
As the flavors are imparted and the spice mix looks mixed well with the oil in 3-4 mins, add the room-temperature cooked Rice.
Mix well. Cover for 5 mins for the flavors to inter-mingle!

Serve with hot Cucumber Raita or Papad.

4 comments:

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

i love this one too... made with MTR - yum! yum!

virunthu unna vaanga said...

wow lovely rice... my all time favorite...
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA

Unknown said...

Looks Yum!
http://www.followfoodiee.com/

runnergirlinthekitchen.blogspot.com said...

Have always wanted to make this, love the tangy flavours. Nice recipe dear