Saturday, April 21, 2012

Keema Cutlet

I can never go wrong with kababs - there is not much to mess it up, right?

When I was eating non-veg, my favorite weekend menu was Rice, Dal (lentils) and a meat Kabab with a crispy Papad - yummo! When I recommence non-veg eating on Jan 2nd next year, think this may be the first item I want to eat. Of course, other than Crab Curry and Whole Food's Tandoori Chicken Pizza with Mint Sauce! ;) Talking of my vegetarian resolve for this year, I am thankfully not craving meat as much as I had imagined I would. 3 months done - another 9 months to go - I can do it!

Was planning to send this post for "Cooking 4 all Season's - Kabab Mela" but I am way past the due date. Anyways, do check it out for a good collection of numerous kabab posts!

Enjoy the post...Bon Appetit!

Ingredients:

Keema - 2lbs (Lamb\Chicken - both taste great!)
Onion - 2 large, finely chopped
Tomato - 2, finely chopped
Ginger - 2 tbsp, grated
Garlic - 4 tbsp, grated
Green chilli - 3-4, finely chopped
Shan Chapli Kabab mix - 1 packet
Salt - as per taste
Egg - 2
Fresh Mint - few sprigs, finely chopped
Fresh coriander leaves- few sprigs, finely chopped
Canola oil - for shallow frying, a few tbsps

Method:

Make a paste of the all the above ingredients, except canola oil.
Heat canola oil.
Take a spoonful of the above paste and try to flatten it in the palm of your hand or in the pan.
Let one side cook before turning it over for the other side to cook.
Garnish with fresh chopped onions, sliced green peppers and slices of cucumber.


Sharing some recent pics of my Simei upma recipe which is regular weekend brunch item in my house. We love it - leftovers are convenient work-day lunch take-aways. Have a nice weekend, everyone!

Simei Upma

An even closer look at the Simei Upma

8 comments:

Priya dharshini said...

Glad to be in ur blog..Kheema cutlet luks delicious..

Torviewtoronto said...

cutlets and semiya looks wonderful

Pragyan said...

Thanks, Priya and Torviewtoronto!

Julie said...

Delicious kheema cutlets,must have tasted divine:-)
First time to your space,Pragyan 7 glad to follow too:-)
Do drop by my space & hope u'll join too..

Join me in the ONGOING EVENT- "Mint & Coriander seeds" (EP Series-Apr)
Erivum Puliyum

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

looking real good..would love to try this now..;)
new to your space..
lovely space you have
happy following you..:)
do stop by mine sometime
Tasty Appetite

Unknown said...

This looks so delicious.
http://followfoodie.blogspot.com/

khushi said...

you are right kebabs can never go wrong!! and keema kebab is a an awesome one.....loved your space....glad to follow you

Pragyan said...

@Julie! Thanks for coming by..you have a good collection yourself!

@Jay - Did you try? :) Thanks for the compliment..sure will do.

@Follow foodie - Thanks for swinging by..appreciate it.

@Khushi - Glad you liked it as well. Same here - you have a nice space and enjoyed reading your wonderful posts.