Makes approx. 20 biscuits (as shown in pic)
- 1 cup White flour (Maida)
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar (White sugar is also ok)
- Ground Cardamom Powder - 1 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 6 tbsp Ghee (I used home-made Ghee from butter)
- Mix the dry ingredients - Flour, Sugar, Cardamom Powder, Baking Powder and Salt.
- Add the Ghee (preferably room temperature) to the above. Knead the dough - it will be like the dough meant for roti\paratha, slightly more wet. Keep it aside for a few mins to an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (or 180°C).
- Divide the dough into 20 equal portions. Shape those portions into oval shape balls. Place an almond or any other nut of choice as decoration.
- Arrange them on the baking sheet giving them enough space to expand and bake evenly.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for approx 15 minutes. Keep a close watch for the first batch coz every oven differs and you don't want to burn the nan khatais.
- Take them out of the oven immediately and let them cool. I move them to a different tray to stop the baking process sooner.
- Store in an air-tight container if you manage to keep some for later. ;)
Enjoy the snacking!
Update on 04/13/2012:
here. Check out all the wonderful posts her event has received!